Monday, October 17, 2011

Fallin from high places


You know there is a good saying that I do indeed 
think is so awesome and very true.
"If you're not falling, you're not trying hard enough."
It holds true in so many aspects in life not just my sport.  When you fall it does hurt, sometimes on the surface and sometimes deeper down inside.  But with that pain comes learning.  It is wise to pay attention to that hurt.  Take from it what you must and move forward in the attempts to not "fall" in the same manner.  But sometimes it takes a few falls to really learn and that is just a part of life.  I have my fair share of scar's bumps and bruises but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.  I have learned more from my falls I bet then a good chunk of my successes.  Funny how that works but it does. 



The biggest thing with falling is to get back up, know that the pain is temporary,  pride in ones self knowing you gave it your all lasts forever.  So I will continue on my path knowing that next spill will come and when it does I will smile, laugh and enjoy it - even if it hurts.  And just get back up and keep rollin along.  


On a lighter note, but somewhat related I love my new bike. It is fantastic and really one of my favorite things. I love to get out and ride. Flying through the trails exploring the wilderness and getting to see this beautiful countryside. And of course taking in my fair share of bails! There is something to be said for getting out and riding, it is like an addiction almost. Feels so good. So surreal and peaceful. Sun shining down through the tree's. So quite even in the center of the city it is my getaway in the day to day and I am grateful for it. Now if only I could drag my ass to the mountains more and really get some good riding in!! 





 Oh how I Enjoi my Giant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment